Monday, April 12, 2010

Robie House - Chicago


The Robie House
Frank Lloyd Wright Home
(Book "The Wright 3" - By Blue Balliett)



When we were in Chicago a few weeks ago, we made our way by train to Hyde Park. We walked around the University of Chicago, near Barak Obama's home, and toured the Robie House. The Robie House was built by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1910. It is a beautiful home. J and I both learned about the home in an Interior Design class in college, years ago. It was fun to go inside.

When we were at the Robie House, one of the tour guides told us about a book called, "The Wright 3," by Blue Balliett. It is a mystery book that takes place in and around the Robie House. It has some of its history. We bought the book, and a set of pentaminoes. I read the whole book on our plane ride home. I learned the same author has written 3 books. So yesterday I read, "Chasing Vermeer" which has the same characters and is a different mystery that also takes place in Hyde Park. Fun!


I love reading! I go in stages where I can't stop reading.
Lately, I have been on a reading rampage.
Ella keeps teasing me.
She will get a book I am currently reading and act like she is reading it.
Funny girl!

1 comment:

  1. Chicago! I love that city. Great picture of you and Jamie... you look just the same as 6 years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete