Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lucy is 7 Weeks

Lucy is 7 Weeks!

I love her new sandals! Girls are so fun to shop for!


Here are some of the things I have noticed about Lucy.
  • Last Friday, April 1, at 6 weeks and 2 days old, Lucy gave us her first "real" smile. We love her little grin !
  • Lucy is a very social baby. At about 6 weeks, she started to show interest in having people around. One night, J was sitting next to her on the couch. He got up to get a drink. Within seconds, Lucy started to cry. She couldn't see him. He returned to the couch, and as soon as she saw him, she stopped crying. He didn't even pick her up! She seems too little to notice, but she has repeated this same scenario many times this week.
  • Lucy continues to love baths.
  • For nearly a month, Lucy has been waking up three times a night to eat....1:00, 3:30, 5:30. The last 4 nights, she has only been waking up only once a night! YEA!!!
  • Lucy loves her bum patted softly.
  • She responds well to being held, especially to me. If she is being held, she seldom cries.
  • She loves to be held upright, with her head on my shoulder.
  • Lucy has a strong neck. She holds her head up amazingly well. At about 1 month old, she started this, and now she is getting pretty steady.
  • She loves her pacifier!
  • Lucy is a very calm and peaceful baby!
One of the most fun things for me is watching Abby, Kate and Ella show their love to Lucy. Here are a few examples:

Ella gets mad if she finds out I changed Lucy's diaper without her. "That's my job," Ella always says.

I always know when Kate wakes up because I can hear her little feet running up 2 flights of stairs to find Lucy.

Abby cleaned Lucy's room, and organized the book shelf for Lucy. She even left Lucy a little note!

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing lots of Kate in little Lucy! Whomever she is looking like these days, she's definitely a cutie! Hope you are doing well and having fun with your 4 girlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute! Girls are so much fun to dress up! I can't believe how fast they grow and change! Her announcements are darling! I love all those sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete