Saturday, January 21, 2012

SNOW

SNOW....SNOW....SNOW
There are always a couple of days when you should just stay home! Saturday was one of them.
However, I needed a prescription at Target so Kate and I headed out the door around 2:30ish. It was snowing by our house, but only raining hard in the valley. By the time we got to Target James called and said I should get home as soon as I could. The snow was sticking FAST!! Despite James phone call, I had an unusual feeling NOT to rush!! I felt a prompting to take my time and to get the things I needed. We got everything we needed and got in the car. By this time it was a whiteout in Centerville, but I felt surprisingly calm. We drove slowly and cautiously. The roads got progressively worse as we headed up 400 North. There was an unusual amount of traffic on 400 North and we came to a complete stop. This is the picture I took with my phone.
At 1000 East we had to turn around and head back down 400 North.
There was a snow plow stuck on 400 North between Davis and 1300 East.
There was a truck cop blocking us so we had to turn around.
Now zoom closely!!! Everyone has seen the now famous 400 North utube video. Here we are at the exact scene of it all. The plow up ahead is the same plow that was hit in this crosswalk minutes before. Stay zoomed in and you can see all of the crashed cars on the sides of the road.
Kate and I headed back down to 800 East and headed up Center Street.
We slide all the way UP the hill, trying to stay clear of all the cars sliding down!
We were so grateful to make it home safely!!!
I recognize the prompting NOT to rush at Target,
and feel very strongly that we were protected!
Saturday we got 9 inches on snow. It is so
beautiful when you are safe and sound in your own home.
Kate and I have a joke that if there is even a chance of snow....
we are staying home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment