Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 2 - Alcatraz Island

We were all excited to see Alcatraz.  
This was my 3rd time to Alcatraz, and James' 4th time.
This was our girls first time to Alcatraz and to San Francisco.
The kids were so excited to go on this large boat.
They had a mini model of Alcataz Island on Pier 33.
View from the boat.
When we first arrived at the island,
they had a movie to watch.  Lucy did like it.
In fact, she wasn't too impressed at first.
I love this picture of Lucy.
I think she wanted out.....but she soon warmed up.
The audio tour was so informative.
I was so proud of the girls for wanting to learn,
even on vacation. :-)
The kids really listened and couldn't
believe we were in a "real" prison.
The community showers. Our kids
thought this was the craziest part.
My favorite part were the amazing views from outside.
The prisoners were only allowed to go oustide
once a week.  We were lucky enough to spend
a while taking in views of both bridges and
San Francisco.
My favorite people in the world!
I love getting to travel as a family.

I adore these picture of Lucy with
the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.

 My beauitful Ella.
My four favorite girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment