Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 4 - Palmyra

Palmyra Temple
Hill Cumorah
In the summer of 2013 and we took our whole family
to New York to see the church sites.  I never would
have guessed I would be back to these sites less than
2 years later. I am so grateful I could return to
Palmyra on this Girls trip.
Smith Family Log House
I love that the Smiths read the bible as a family every night.
This is the room where the 6 Smith Brothers
slept and where Angel Moroni appeared to
Joesph 3 times in one night.
Smith Family Framed House 
The fireplace where Joseph hid the gold plates
under the bricks from an angry mob.
The Sacred Grove was dead.  It made me think that
each of us has cycles in our lives too. Like the Sacred Grove
we have to renew. The account of Jospeh Smith's vision
said that it took place in early Spring. It may have looked
more like this when Joseph had the first vision.

 The Grandin Building
where the Book of Mormon was printed.
This is the Peter Whitmer Farm,
where the church was established on April 6,
and the first Sacrament was blessed and past.
  It was an amazing day! I am so grateful for the chance I
had to go back to these beautiful church sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment