Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Leaves
























"I believe that second only to ensuring that every child receives an understanding of the gospel of our Lord and Savior is teaching them the joy of...labor. Teaching children the joy of...labor is one of the greatest of all gifts you can bestow upon them" Elder L. Tom Perry."


When we moved to our house....we knew it had a lot of trees. But is wasn't until our first fall when we raked leaves, that we realized how many trees and bushes we have. 52! Last Saturday was leaf day at our house. While J was hanging the Christmas lights on the house, I thought I would help by raking leaves. I began by opening a new box of bags.....little did I know that 55 bags later, after a full day of work....every bag in the box would be filled with leaves. Abby was my helper through most of the work. She has a lot of stamina! At one point she was SO tired and said, "Just sitting down feels like such a treat." She stuck through it, taking minimal breaks and keeping me laughing! Our legs hurt, our backs ached and 55 garbage bags were filled to the brim. However, I think we both learned a valuable lesson....the joy of hard work! There is nothing like giving your all physically, and getting a job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment