Wednesday, February 2, 2011

36 Weeks

We made it another week! Yea!!!

Even with the medicine I am taking to stop contractions, I started contracting again on Sunday. They were painfully and consistent, every 10-15 minutes. I called the Dr on call and she said to come in if they got to be 7-8 minutes apart. We packed our bags, just in case. Then I took a bath, went to bed, and slept great! A perfect nights sleep was just what I needed.

Yesterday I had my 36 week checkup. All week long I have been laying or sitting and been on bed rest. Yesterday morning getting to the Dr turned out to be too much. By the time we got Abby to school, Kate and Ella to Grammy's, I was having contractions 7-8 minutes apart. We were headed to the Dr, but thought we should be headed to the hospital. We called the Dr and they sent us to the hospital. We spent the morning there. They did an ultrasound, and monitored me for a few hours. I was still only dilated to a 1, but contracting consistently again. The Dr told me to double my medicine, stay on bed rest, and continue to limit all activity. Her hope is for the baby to stay put until February 10. At that point the baby will be 18 days early.
(Kate was 17 days, and was just fine!)

We are so appreciative of everyone who has helped our family. All of the phone calls, meals, carpooling, and child watching, have been overwhelming. Yesterday Kate said, "I just feel so LOVED. Everyone is so nice to us!" Kate said it perfectly!!! We have so many wonderful neighbors, friends, and family members!!! Thank you!

Stay in a little longer baby!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck...I HATED bed rest, so not fun, but you do what you have to to get these babies here right. Parker came at 36 weeks on the day- you're right though, stay in baby get a little more chub on those cheeks before you come out. We're thinking about you and praying that all goes well!

    ReplyDelete