Sunday, May 15, 2011

Be Good For Something


Tonight, Abby wanted to make her famous brownies. She spent a lot of time baking the brownies and then getting them ready for FHE. She was so excited to share something she had made all by herself. I enjoyed watching her measure, pour, and read the recipe.

"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must spread to others."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

I love this quote! I typed it up and put it on the fridge.
I love watching my kids contribute to our family. Whether it is Abby baking brownies, or Kate getting out the vacuum (without being asked) to clean up crumbs from dinner, it makes me so happy to see them feel good, doing good while serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment